Saturday 24 April 2021

Extra Life United 2021

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know about a charity event I'm participating in this weekend.

Extra Life United is a gaming tournament in which US$250,000 will be doled out to various Children's Miracle Network Hospitals across North America. I'm playing in two games - Among Us and Rocket League - in hopes of winning a bit for the Alberta Children's Hospital where many kids from the Medicine Hat area go for a variety of reasons.

I also have a fundraising page set up at www.extra-life.org/participant/sean at which any donation will get you a lovely tax receipt for next year! Every penny donated goes to the hospital. Extra Life is a part of Children's Miracle Network so their costs are covered elsewhere.

For those on Facebook, I did set up a fundraiser there though I should note that tax receipts generated there are not usable for Canadian tax purposes.

I'll be live-streaming Saturday evening and some of Sunday at twitch.tv/gomerstraw, so feel free to drop by and wish me luck, or send a donation (even $5 helps!).

Side note: If you subscribe to this blog by email, I've been notified that the service will be discontinued as of July 2021. So if you don't already, go follow our #Dominicstrong Facebook Group or my Twitter account to make sure you don't miss any future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment